Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Week One

Here is the list of new and exciting experiences:

1. The food is pretty much amazing. Everything I have eaten, I have loved! Chicken rice, beef noodles, lemon dwa dwa, shrimp fried rice, fried sweet potatoes... everything has been a feast for the palate.
2. The religion. We have seen so many temples and buddhas. They are ornate, colorful, beautiful. It is very sad to see people with so much passion and excitement for something that is so meaningless and empty. My heart hurts for these people. We have met very few Christians, even among those we work with. Please pray for us as we minister here that our witness may open doors and hearts for the gospel.
3. The sights, The sounds. This island is beautiful! I love the flowers and the trees. The streets are all bright with signs and advertisements (none of which I can read but are still interesting).
We have gone all around Chaiyi and Min Shiung on scooters and have seen many great places. The swimming pools/spas are an amazing sight. The night market is something everyone should experience in their lives. The only thing I can equate it to is the French Quarter in New Orleans times 10,000.

I am falling in love with this place!

Please pray for the people here, for our ministry, and for our immersion.

No comments: