Sunday, October 19, 2008

Prayer Request

Please pray for my family. As many of you know my mom has Stage 4 Breast Cancer which has been dormant for a number of years now. We found out last week that it is back and spreading. The tumor markers are showing growth in her stomach again. Her abdomen is again filling with fluid and she is in a lot of pain. This week, she will begin a rigorous 8 week course of Chemotherapy. She will be taking that time off of school so she can focus on getting better.

The doctors are not telling us to be positive. Chemo did not work for her last time, it was a complete miracle that she recovered at all. I believe strongly in the power of prayer and I know that God has plans for my mom, she is an amazing servant.

Please pray for her as she undergoes treatment. Please pray for my brother and sister who are living in Austin, for my dad who will be alone in caring for my mom in St. Louis, and for me as I try to deal with all of this so very far from home.

2 comments:

Justin Kumfer said...

You are always in our prayers here in Japan!! All of them! We miss you and call s if you ever need to talk or just scream at things. It's too quiet here anyways! We love you and miss you. Your brothers and sisters!

AshleyEffken said...

Becca,

DEFINITELY I will be praying for you, your mom, and your whole family. No matter what happens, keep leaning on and trusting in Christ for His strength and provision! Don't be afraid to be emotional when you need to, okay?

Much love from the C.R.!